SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisatalarino

PLEASE advise on window coverings for our new home. Thank you!

Lisa Talarino
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I would really appreciate advice on what window coverings would be best in our new home. We recently installed roller shades but two of them broke within 2 weeks so we have the opportunity to reselect and I am thinking it might be better to go with something else. I am open to all ideas but I am thinking something white would be best. The shades look white during the day but appear to be a darker gray color in the evening, which I do not like. Are wood/composite blinds outdated? I never really liked the look of wood blinds with all the cords/holes but they now have a shutter style blind with 2 1/2 inch slats and a decorative tape to cover the cords/holes. See picture below. If I were to go with this option, what should be used for sliding glass doors? I have included pictures of the windows in the great room and dining room. I would also like to know what you think of the sheer curtain panel that would be used with the blinds/shades? Thank you for your time and I appreciate your feedback.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!