SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjwtexas

Need Window Blind Help - Entire House (involuntary remodel )

TJW
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Post-flood the house is coming along. Walls sheet rocked, paint is awesome (Sherwin Williams Crushed Ice with Super White Trim), flooring is down (American Tile & Stone Ranchwood in Warm Brown), and the Toto arrived over the holiday (we are soooo thankful!).

We have chosen neutrals as we plan to sell and move in the next few years; clean lines, open concept, modern look; white cabinets, White Macaubus quartzite countertops.

“Details” like kitchen cabinets, vanities and door hardware will come after the current hot topic: window coverings. I have read thread after thread today and still have no idea what direction to go. We have a kitchen sink window, and another window on the same wall by the (former) kitchen table. Double dining room windows diagonally several feet down and across from a large picture window framed by 2 ‘regular’ windows.

Den has two windows, laundry room has a large window that faces the front of the house (used to be the garage, 2 downstairs bedrooms have 2 single windows each, and upstairs has 2 large double windows on adjacent walls.

Are window treatments like paint and trim? Same color/style throughout? We used to have plain old mini blinds on most windows, a half curtain on the kitchen sink (it did not look good); nothing on the kitchen table window, and off-white vertical fabric blinds on the picture window and flanking windows (which did look nice). I’ve been told NO VERTICALS - dated! But I do not know what is clean, crisp, cool, modern, offering some light but mainly privacy at night.

Help?

Comment (1)