SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chimacalgal

How to go about searching for artwork

CJ Mac
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I'm at a loss as to how to search for artwork. Several years ago we purchased 7-8 prints from a lithographer Lucius DuBose. When I went back to the fine crafts store in Gatlinburg to purchase more, I was told he had died and no more prints were being made available.

I'm trying to fill the wall above my sofa with these prints but there aren't quite enough. I've searched on his name only to find that the prints I would love were sold in auctions years ago. I know there must be a lot of his prints out there--he made many and they're not worth a lot of money--but how to know when sales come up is my problem.

Here's a photo of what I've got. The blank wall above our sofa is a bit larger and since the bird carvings will not be coming along with the prints, I need something more.

Another idea would be a largish picture with "Consider the birds of the air..." (Mt 6:26). I've seen a few online, but they're not the style I have in mind (don't want country or cutesy--maybe simply calligraphy). I also didn't really want the entire Bible passage; just the phrase I quoted. I would frame it in the same style I framed the above prints.

I also had the thought that perhaps I could cross-stitch the words if I could find an elegant enough pattern--again I don't want country or cutesy. If anyone has any advice on that, I'm open to it. Or perhaps I could cross-stitch birds in the same style as what I've got.

I appreciate your help!

CJ

Comments (10)