SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marta1nyc19

Unknown succulent identification request

marta1nyc19
6 years ago

A few years ago I was living in Buenos Aires, Argentina and had landscaped my terrace full of succulents, some that I had purchased in California and brought with me and some that I obtained locally. Among the locally obtained, one became my absolute favorite for the magnificent iridescent fuchsia flowers it produced each winter.
Unfortunately when I returned to the US I had to find all these magnificent specimens new homes and cannot track who got this plant.
Once I settled down in FL I began to look for succulents that could survive the FL climate and wanted to find my Buenos Aires favorite succulent.
I have not been able to find it or find anyone that recognized this plant and can tell me where I can get it. I wonder if you might know it and know where I can get it. I am enclosing a picture of an arrangement I made where this plant is the star with its magnificent iridescent hot pink flowers and pinkish stems, the plant looks somewhat like Portulaca except the stems are pinkish and the leaves much shorter.

Hopefully you may be able to help me.
Thanks in advance

Comments (5)