Houzz Logo Print

Can you adapt PVC to a cast iron wye?

6 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving! That's how it started out for me anyway...

As seen in the picture I've got a small length of cast iron pipe coming out of one of the hubs in a drain wye which is connected to a PVC drain run with a Fernco coupling. The small section of cast iron has corroded away, and there's not enough length there to hold another Fernco. How would you repair this? Is converting the wye to PVC going to be necessary?

Comments (4)