SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natesg

What Black Friday deals are you getting?

natesg
6 years ago

I'm anxious to hear what you are ordering and from where?

Nate'sGramma

Comments (41)

• summersrhythm_z6a
    6 years ago

Getting an iPhone 8 plus from Target tomorrow. :-)

• Related Discussions

Black Friday Deals

Q

Comments (4)
    Staples had a great deal on the Logitech wireless mouse we wanted + free shipping on orders $50 or more. I would think they have other good deals as well. Bloomingdales has some very good deals as well--sale pricing + take an add'l $25 off per every $200 spent online. In-store they are giving $15 b-money certificates for every $100 spent.
    ...See More

Black Friday sales for kitchen things, where are the deals?

Q

Comments (5)
    I did well here a couple of years ago. They ran good sales all the time and shipping was free. I havne't kept up after I bought everything I needed. They might still run a coupon deal if you send a photo of your finished project/item. Since no shipping, order one thing, take a picture, send it in, get the coupon to use on something else. Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Bath
    ...See More

Got Black Friday deals? Post 'em here.

Q

Comments (13)
    We did our Black Friday shopping at Kohl's online earlier today. Bought a new comforter set for the new bedroom set we bought last month for our guest room. If you buy $75 or more it was free shipping. The comforter set was $69 so we bought a much needed 1 qt sauce pan for $16. Used the free shipping code and I found another code for 15% off so the total bill was about $95. We got free shipping but because the comforter set is large, we had to pay a surcharge of $7.50 or so. Where ever you order from, Google the store name and the words Coupon Code and you will find other deals out there to bring the cost down. Jodi-
    ...See More

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals for Gardeners?

Q

Comments (8)
    Sorry, cheryl...didn't see your question til now. Yes I bought from dollarseed this fall after just finding out about them. They have some flowers that I wanted and they shipped quickly. I was pleased and would order again, but have not grown any yet ;0)
    ...See More
  • terezosa / terriks
    6 years ago

Nothing, but I'm keeping my eye out for a new printer.

• User
    6 years ago

Got the all new Amazon Fire HD10 for $99. That was a couple days ago. It was delivered yesterday and I love it.

Shocking what you can get for a hundred bucks.

I know, iPad yadda yadda.

But seriously, what do you want your tablet to do? This was a very good deal.

• chispa
    6 years ago

I hardly go shopping during normal days, so I certainly won't be going near anything that might have black Friday deals. A nice long hike with the dog will be much better for the mind and soul!

Unfortunately I will have to go to some clothing stores next week as my teen son is going to spend some of his winter break in a cold climate and all he owns here in southern CA are shorts and t-shirts. He needs some pants and long shirts. I'll gladly skip any savings I might miss by not going this Friday.

• eld6161
    6 years ago

Already got some! Youngest gave me a list from Urban Outfitters and Abercrombie. I kept checking my shopping bags. Within a few days, 2 item from Abercrombie was on sale. I ordered all three items and kept checking back to get the third one on sale. You get 14 days for a price adjustment. Sure enough that one went on sale.

Next was Urban. Kept checking. Finally, they were having a 20 percent off on everything. Done! Some of the things are back ordered but will be in time for Christmas.

Now I just need some things for my oldest.

• natesg
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

We got a great deal on an appliance package at Best Buy. Moving in a new place in January so the timing couldn’t have been better. New fridge, range, dishwasher and microwave too.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    6 years ago

Nothing on Black Friday. Years ago when first married I worked in retail and was cured of shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Now I'm just grateful not to be in a store - and it was an appliance store.

I may go for a while on Small Business Saturday. I've been considering new parsons chairs for my breakfast table and the store where I've done business is having an interesting sale that day.

• 3katz4me
    6 years ago

Haven’t ever done Black Friday and probably never will. I don’t need any more stuff and we no longer give gifts to family who also don’t need any more stuff.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    6 years ago

Chispa, by any chance is your son coming to NY state in Jan? Just want to let you know it's super cold here. :-)

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    6 years ago

I'm not looking for anything in particular for myself, although there is an upgrade to my current Android pre-paid phone for only $50 that I am tempted by - but I might lose my current triple minutes deal, so probably not. I might go to Menard's as they are having good sale prices on heavy hats, socks, scarves and gloves. These will be for donation to the homeless teen drop-in center. Last year Meijer had a great deal on winter boots for them, but not this year and I haven't seen a similar deal anywhere else. This reminds me that I need to check Old Navy -- they often have their good winter coats discounted about now.

• Funkyart
    6 years ago

I need a new tv but I haven't seen a deal that wow'd me yet. Good prices sure- but nothing to make me jump. I did pick up a few things to donate to a local foster kids program..

I do have plans to shop small business Saturday... that's always fun!

• OutsidePlaying
    6 years ago

I may order an Apple product for a gift since they usually have a sale on Black Friday. Other than another gift or two if I run across something online, I don’t plan to shop at all.

• chispa
    6 years ago

Summer, going to Boston, but we used to live in the northeast so we know all about cold! He just doesn't have a cold weather wardrobe except for ski jacket/pants, so we have to do some basic shopping.

Natesg, your appliance shopping reminded me that I am buying new appliances in January for our kitchen reno, but we are getting Wolf, SZ and Miele and I don't think they have any deals on those brands. Should probably call a few local appliance stores on Friday just in case!

• hhireno
    6 years ago

My college job was working retail. I was scheduled to work the Friday after Thanksgiving and didn't understand why other employees were making such a fuss about it. My Mum wasn't much of a shopper so I hadn't been exposed to Black Friday. That work day was my only experience of Black Friday, and I've avoided it every since.

I will go downtown on Small Business Saturday to see if there's anything I can buy to support them. But I don't really need anything so I might be part of the problem and not part of the solution.

• Funkyart
    6 years ago

When I worked retail, it wasn't in dept stores-- a camera store and a bookstore. It's really pretty crazy because I am NOT a people person-- I don't particularly enjoy working with people-- but I always loved working the holiday rushes. At least with cameras and books, people are mostly happy. :)

Today I am picking up a few things from Urban Outfitter and Nordstrom Rack. I will look at TVs once more.. and I really should pick up a new portable phone system. I love that's it's no pressure shopping.. in my pajamas.. in front of the fire. :)

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    6 years ago

Nothing, but I already bought a cashmere scarf this morning.

• User
    6 years ago

jn3344 - I just bought the Amazon Fire HD10, too, because my android tablet died yesterday. I wanted additional memory, so chose the 64 gig version. I'm hoping I'm not confounded by the different operating systems.

• neetsiepie
    6 years ago

I quit doing BF when it became obvious that the good stuff was extremely limited and everything else was pretty much regular sales price. I also learned that electronics sold on BF at steeply discounted prices are made specifically for BF and may not be as good a deal as what you'd get on a good sale on a regular day.

I prefer Small Business Saturday.

• Boopadaboo
    6 years ago

i have had my eye on a 3qt instapot. i have the 6qt. i bought it today.

• homepro01
    6 years ago

Mainly food products like olive oil, maple syrup, spices if there is a good sale, etc. I need a new duvet this year so will order that from Cuddledown. They are having a 25% of sale. A couple of rose bushes from antique rose emporium. Not going anywhere near the mall, the iPhone X was ordered a month ago and should arrive soon. A nest fire alarm too because they are 20% off and I want to add one to the HVAC room in my home.

Will venture out for brunch on Saturday but no real shopping. Don’t really need much but supplies that we use daily.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• summersrhythm_z6a
    6 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving! There are not many people waiting outside Target, only about 100.

• lucillle
    6 years ago

I got my BF goody today online, cases of canning jars at Jet.com for $5.

• LynnNM
    6 years ago

Today, Thanksgiving, was a wonderful, fun, but busy day with my family and close friends. I can’t imagine heading out shopping tomorrow for Black Friday. All I want to do is sit in front of a crackling fire in my cozy sweats and watch Christmas movies with my DD. DH always gives his staff the Friday after Thanksgiving off (and the Wednesday afternoon before), so everyone has a nice 4 1/2 day weekend. He doesn’t want to shop Black Friday either.

• artemis_ma
    6 years ago

No shopping for me today.

Fortunately, my drive today is all back roads. No shopping complexes to mangle traffic.

• Boopadaboo
    6 years ago

My kids are going to toys r us. I can not imagine. they have been saving any money they have gotten for presents for a long time so they each have a portion of that they can spend today. will be interesting to see how they decide to manage their allotment!

I am sick still, so going to Urgent Care again (better safe than sorry)

I would like to find an aromatherapy diffuser at a good deal for our bedroom. I keep debating (I am usually a no scent person)

Seems like not too many are getting things or seeing good deals!

• gsciencechick
    6 years ago

Not necessarily Black Friday deals, but I ordered some things for DH since he has a December birthday. MIL, too!

I want to stop at the local record store (yes, we still have one!) and look at some CD's and particularly some vinyl for him. If I can't find it there, I'll have to order online, but I'm trying to shop small.

• Bunny
    6 years ago

No Black Friday for me. If I could be tempted to buy anything, it would be online. But I don't need anything and I've dispensed with gift-giving at Christmas.

• always1stepbehind
    6 years ago

I ordered DD a Hydroflask from Dicks Sporting goods. 25% off and free shipping :-)

• DLM2000-GW
    6 years ago

Not a single thing and I couldn't be happier. I am so over any of this holiday shopping madness. We need nothing and gifts go to others throughout the year as I find things.

• 3katz4me
    6 years ago

I did actually go out shopping today by our weekend lake place where we are spending the holiday weekend. Decided to organize the off season closet which still had boxes of clothing we hadn’t really unpacked since we moved in a couple years ago. I needed some drawers or shelves or something to organize the stuff. Tried a couple thrift shops but didn’t find anything so made a trip to the local farm and fleet store. It opened at 6am for Black Friday and I didn’t get there until about 3pm so the crowds were gone. Came back and got everything nicely organized and feeling like I accomplished something useful. Also got DH some Lands End turtlenecks 50% off - that was a Black Friday deal.

• runninginplace
    6 years ago

This Thanksgiving we gathered for a low key and small holiday dinner, there were only 7 of us this year instead of our usual 15-20, which was so nice for me as the hostess ;). I did do a bit of online shopping last night to order some tropical/nautical holiday themed decor items for our vacation house since we'll be down there for Christmas.

Today I went to see Ladybird which I'd heartily recommend to anyone, and then relaxed with a good book. No shopping on Black Friday and didn't miss a thing.

• Nothing Left to Say
    6 years ago

Not exactly Black Friday, but I bought a turkey for $1.69 a pound today. We didn't host so we dont have any turkey leftovers. So I decided to roast one to slice and use for sandwiches (most of it will go in the freezer).

And I ordered some organic cotton socks and undies for my stocking from Pact. https://wearpact.com/?utm_source=googlesearch&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=newengen+-+Pact+Brand+l_DE1+2b05&utm_term=aud-303500139838:kwd-307615726934&utm_content=232302558452&gclid=CjwKCAiAo9_QBRACEiwASknDwUXtbMuB1j8BO0eiiaWy7QOHlGHsMaZEZIOZbEcGZLadAV2vu5eDYhoCU2AQAvD_BwE

dh bought an iTunes gift card from Costco online a couple of days ago

• LynnNM
    6 years ago

DD headed back to grad school (and her bf) this morning. None of us had any desire to shop yesterday, but I did do a bit of Christmas gift shopping via Amazon Prime. I checked DD’s wish list there and that crazy girl had a set of throwing axes on it! I guess it’s the newest bar game craze, but not one Mom is going to indulge! If her big brother sees it, though, he WILL probably gift her with them. Ugh!

• summersrhythm_z6a
    6 years ago

3kaz4me, remember to look for a warm coat this winter. :-) Did you find one last winter?

• gsciencechick
    6 years ago

Update: I got the colored vinyl for DH! They had it in-stock. I got some doorbusters this morning at Belk, mostly for me, LOL.

• Gooster
    6 years ago

I think think I picked up a few things for the kitchen, including cannele moulds. Holiday gifts are coming in different forms this year, so it's just me jumping on a few deals.

• Joaniepoanie
    6 years ago

Lynn.....a bar game involving axes? Yikes! Talk about a disaster waiting to happen! Glad to hear your DD is well enough to return to school.

well....i let my fingers do the walking this evening at Penneys. I bought two sets of towels for DS and his GF and a few other items. Great deals!

I'm cutting back this year...just need to figure out a few personal gifts for the “boys”.....my sons and DD’s bf. The girls are easy and couples are easy but I struggle with the boys. Im hoping they come up with suggestions so i can finish up.

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    6 years ago

No shopping at all until today, which I did sitting right here on my couch. JCPenney has some good deals going so I ordered some new rugs for my kitchen that I've had my eye on.

DS#2's fiance works for Verizon - she said things have been crazy there since Friday. People are clamoring to buy, but unfortunately, she says that many are rude, crude, and obnoxious. And pressure on the salespeople and store managers is extreme coming down from upper management. So she's feeling it from both sides. :(

• Funkyart
    6 years ago

Ive done pretty well, I think.. without stepping foot in a store or mall. I had planned to go out for small business Saturday but I got the time wrong on an event Saturday night and I couldn't swing it with shopping.

• I got an amazon fire kids for my great nephew.. I think $40 off.
    • A piece of luggage for my niece's spring honeymoon in Ireland.. very reduced.
    • 2 pairs of my favorite RL pajamas (one pr) 50% at Nordstrom
    • a selection of spices for myself and for gifts from Calicutt Spices (they are a local company but their brick and mortar hours are odd/don't fit my schedule). I can highly recommend the blends I've tried and my sister claims the Saigon cinnamon has changed her life! Feel free to ask about any blends if you are interested. I haven't tried them all but Ive tried many. If you spent 35 this weekend, you get a free spice jar free (they also have candles and cocoa).
    • Also got some odds and ends from UO and Nordstrom rack.

I was in Barnes and Noble last night and it was very quiet.. no crowds at all.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    6 years ago

I did go out on Friday to 2 stores, to get half price shoes, underwear, towels, socks and gloves for the teen shelter. While I was in the store, unfortunately, a hit and run driver bashed into my new (I've had it 2 weeks) car -- the one that is a replacement for the one that the tree fell on. Luckily there was a good Samaritan witness who left a description/partial plate # and contact info so I am hoping that the sheriff will track the culprit down.

The local Kohl's had checkout lines winding around the entire store, even at 1pm!

Went out again on Saturday to Menard's to take advantage of a few sale items there also, although I found that most of the things that I wanted were sold out. I was able to get a great deal on coffee pods for work.

I also took advantage of a couple of "doorbuster" deals online to get a new coffeepot, a stick blender, and a packable down jacket for my planned travels next year. I took one with me last March and it was great to have, but it is a men's size in an ugly color -- so it was practical, but I wanted one that isn't oversize and looks nicer.

Today I might order something unusual -- a deal offering food allergen testing for $55. I have been wondering about my reactions to breads and a few other things. I've long noticed that eating much tomato will make my arthritis flare up.