SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maifleur01

Have you used long term care insurance?

maifleur01
6 years ago

This perhaps should go over in Financial but if you are here you may have used it rather than just planned for it.

My husband is in a nursing home as a private pay patient. Because the cost of LTC insurance was so high if available in my 30's I opted out of finding a company that offered it. It is much easier to find a company now. I simply increased the amount going into savings instead. My family members keep telling me to purchase the insurance although I am almost 70 and should???? have enough in my savings to cover both mine and my husbands nursing home care for about ten years with a combination of income and savings. I am wondering if anyone that posts here have any comments about it. Over the years I have heard many comments that people have dropped it because the rates have increased so much that it was too expensive. I have also heard other comments that once it was needed what was actually received was much less than what the original policy stated. I need something I can show pro or con to my family besides that to me at my age it does not make sense.

Comments (5)

Sponsored