SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Drought Monitor: 11/22/17....Drought and Pre-Drought Spreading

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Here's this week's Oklahoma Drought Monitor Map, released one day early due to the Thanksgiving holiday. The amount of area covered by various colors is increasing fairly rapidly from one week to the next so little to no moisture is falling recently. White areas remain normal, yellow areas = Abnormally Dry (pre-drought) conditions and the remaining colors equal various degrees of drought.

With little to no rain expected over the next week, I'd expect things will look even worse next week. With the winter months being our driest months, it is not good to head into them already in drought and pre-drought conditions, but the handwriting is on the wall.

Here's the Oklahoma Drought Monitor Map:

Oklahoma Drought Monitor

And, for the folks here are indeed beloved members of our formum despite the fact that they live outside Oklahoma's borders, here's this week's U. S. Drought Monitor Map. You can click on your own state on this map if you want to see more specifically relating to your state:

U. S. Drought Monitor Map

Is anyone expecting a Thanksgiving week miracle of a deluge of rain to save us all from these dry conditions? (Ha! Don't waste your time hoping.) Here's the rain forecast:

7-Day Qualitative Precipitation Forecast

Maybe next week will bring meaningful rain, but I'm not holding my breath and expecting it to happen. Late next week, December arrives. Wow. Just wow. How does November fly by so quickly?

Comment

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting