SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 11 - 29 - 17 page 3

User
6 years ago

The ultimate relationship between justice and law will be an eternal subject for speculation and analysis. But it may be said that in a democratic society, law is the form which free men give to justice.
Robert Kennedy

It is easy to overlook the importance of the young in underdeveloped countries. It is the natural course for nations, and diplomats, and those who publish newspapers, to speak to the established order. Seeking out the young requires a conscious effort.
Robert Kennedy

In the long run, a flexible sentencing procedure which works to rehabilitate offenders offers the best hope in the majority of cases in the Federal courts.
Robert Kennedy

Within the United States, we have put great emphasis upon political freedoms. Because it has been our experience that these freedoms can lead to others.
Robert Kennedy

American books reflect our common heritage with many other nations and their influence upon our culture. The influences are endless, linking us with the rest of the world. Thus, they are good ambassadors for us.
Robert Kennedy

Our scientists grapple with the difficulties of placing a man on the moon, but the immediately troubling concern of our society is whether men of different races can sit together at a lunch counter.
Robert Kennedy

One can find a squalid America as easily as a scenic America; a bitter, hopeless America as easily as the confident America of polyethylene wrapping, new cars, and camping trips in the summer.
Robert Kennedy

Let me make it clear that the Youth Employment Opportunities Act of 1961 is not primarily concerned with delinquency prevention. Rather, it is designed to help all types of young men or women who suffer deficiencies of training or opportunity which keep them unemployed.
Robert Kennedy

I am ashamed to report that my father, who is 73, has never been beaten by any of his four sons in golf. We have all become resigned to the fact that he has determined that he won't be beaten.
Robert Kennedy

To the extent that laws are founded on morality and on logic, they can lead men's hearts and minds.
Robert Kennedy

Satellite communications connect television screens in Japan with television cameras in England, and the distance of half a world loses its meaning.
Robert Kennedy

Whenever men take the law into their own hands, the loser is the law. And when the law loses, freedom languishes.
Robert Kennedy

If I get to be president, what can I do anyway? With Congress and the press, what chance do I have to make basic changes?
Robert Kennedy

A high standard of living cannot remain the exclusive possession of the West - and the sooner we can help other peoples to develop their resources, raise their living standards, and strengthen their national independence, the safer the world will be for us all.
Robert Kennedy

Ultimately, Communism must be defeated by progressive political programs which wipe out the poverty, misery, and discontent on which it thrives.
Robert Kennedy

It is one thing to open the schools to all children regardless of race. It is another to train the teachers, to build the classrooms, and to attempt to eliminate the effects of past educational deficiencies. It is still another to find ways to feed the incentive to learn and keep children in school.
Robert Kennedy

I have told friends and supporters who are urging me to run that I would not oppose President Johnson under any foreseeable circumstances.
Robert Kennedy

Even as my father grew up in Boston, Massachusetts, signs told him: 'No Irish Need Apply.'
Robert Kennedy

Where aspirations outstrip opportunities, law-abiding society becomes the victim. Attitudes of contempt toward the law are forged in this crucible and form the inner core of the beliefs of organized adult crime.
Robert Kennedy

I come from a family that has always emphasized and enjoyed sports - golf, tennis, football, baseball and the rest.
Robert Kennedy

In the final analysis, poverty is a condition of helplessness - of inability to cope with the conditions of existence in our complex society.
Robert Kennedy

I like to be involved in politics. I like to be involved in government. I've been in politics all my life. I would like to remain in government. I don't think that's so sinister.
Robert Kennedy

Wars of any magnitude release powerful social and economic forces which can change the whole face of the world.
Robert Kennedy

When historians consider the significance of the Berlin crises of the mid-20th century, I do not believe that they will record it as an incident in the encirclement of freedom. The true view, in my judgment, will be to see it rather as a major episode in the recession of communism.
Robert Kennedy

It is one thing to open job opportunities. It is another to train people to fill them, or to persuade American enterprise to seek Negro as well as white applicants.
Robert Kennedy

The right to vote is the easiest of all rights to grant.
Robert Kennedy

In the cases that come before the Department of Justice involving a wide range of unlawful activities, we see repeated evidence of family and community failures.
Robert Kennedy

I am deeply impressed with the gravity and wisdom with which most federal judges approach the responsibility of sentencing. It is a difficult, soul-searching task at best.
Robert Kennedy

Communism everywhere has paid the price of rigidity and dogmatism. Freedom has the strength of compassion and flexibility. It has, above all, the strength of intellectual honesty.
Robert Kennedy

Nothing is more false than the notion that the triumph of Communism is inevitable or that the Communists are steadily pushing the free world into a corner.
Robert Kennedy

In government, our chief executives have been lawyers. The great majority of our cabinets and congresses are and have been men trained in the law. They have provided the leadership and the statecraft and the store of strength when it was needed.
Robert Kennedy

President Kennedy has named two Negroes to District Judgeships and appointed Thurgood Marshall to the United States Court of Appeals. When I came to the Department of Justice, there were only ten Negroes employed as lawyers; not a single Negro served as a United States Attorney - or ever had in the history of the country. That has been changed.
Robert Kennedy

If the purpose of the wall was to destroy Berlin, Herr Ulbricht and his cohorts have erred sadly. Berlin is not only going to continue to exist - it's going to grow and grow and grow. Its ties to West Germany will not be severed.
Robert Kennedy

Good union leaders make excellent public leaders in the legislative and executive branches.
Robert Kennedy

Science began as one of the noblest expressions of man's reason. It will continue to serve humanity so long as it never forgets that human beings remain the heart of its purpose.
Robert Kennedy

It certainly should not surprise us that a young person without any real stake in a legitimate occupation or career may get into trouble more easily. Such persons readily accept the idea that they have been unjustly deprived of money, status, and opportunity.
Robert Kennedy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions