SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terrence_hebel

Identity Crisis!: Exterior Facelift Advice

Terrence Hebel
6 years ago

We have been working on the interior our first house this summer and fall, but next year I'd like to start working on the exterior/curb appeal. HOWEVER, I am not able to figure out what to do and how to work with what I already have here. I personally like traditional houses with cute details like shutters, etc. However I feel that the natural flow of this house (real estate is VERY limited in our small midwestern town) is more "modern"/"midcentury"/70's. I am desperate to have somebody who knows what. they are looking at tell me how they would categorize this house and what we can do to make it POP! In the comments I will post some of the ideas I have had. However I am TOTALLY open to ideas. Thank you SOOOO much!

NOTE: I want to preface this by asking if anyone has negative or critical opinions, please move on to the next post. I had given up on this aspect of houzz because of some people who posted unhelpful comments, but I really do believe in the power of collaboration and live in a SMALL town where there are not many people to collaborate on design. So I'm back, and hopeful that people who have nothing nice to say will move on.

Comments (34)