SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
benita_carvalho

What size linear pendant over long dining room table?

Jade BR
6 years ago

My dining room table is 84" long and 48" wide. It has 2 leaves that I can add for big gatherings, reaching 108" long. But those occasions are rare, maybe once or twice per year at the most.

I googled how to calculate the right size lighting for a dining table but all the results I have found take into consideration only the width of the table, which would ask me for a chandelier/pendant between 24" and 36" in diameter.

However, I want a linear pendant and my table is longer than the standard. I also don't want to overpower the room.

My husband likes this one from RH the best - modern filament chandelier which I find TOO big at 60" long and 15" wide.

I was thinking a good alternative would be this one from Ballard Designs at 40" long and 14" wide/deep.

I like the style of RH slight better, but again, I think it is too big. On top of that, it is $400.00 more expensive...

Any inputs please?

Thanks.

On a side note, if I had my way I would get something VERY DIFFERENT. The lighting I had my heart on is this one from RH:

But my husband HATES it. He says I can get it if I really want it, but although I love it, I am afraid of regretting it in 3 or 4 years because the style seems like a fad.

Comments (2)