SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
22k22

Put painter's tape on cabinets- opinion on pull sizes in new kitchen?

22k22
6 years ago

My kitchen cabinets are in! Please keep in mind that where there are stacked drawers, the bottom two will have rails and stiles (waiting on the replacements...) and only the top one will look like they do now, as well as where there is only one drawer above a cabinet.

I am pretty sure I want the RH Ephram pull in polished nickel. I am trying to decide between 4" and 6" for the drawers as well as the lower and upper cabinets. The top-top small stacked glass cabinets will be a coordinating knob.

I feel like I like the look of the 6" for sure on the tall upper cabinets but worry they will look too large for the shorter, lower cabinets- especially the really short ones beneath what will be the farmhouse sink.

Lastly, I prefer the look of two of the 6" pulls on the 36" drawers that will serve as dish drawers, but hubby thinks the one 8" pull makes for an easier opening as well as protects the drawer from getting wonky if people pull it from just one pull on the side rather than using both hands.

Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. The tape strips are either 4" or 6". Where you see little pieces on the edges of the drawer face is about where the rails/stiles and molding will come to, so the actual cabinet face where the pull will go will be smaller.

Thanks!!!!!

These are 36" drawers, with two 6" tape strips on the left, 8" on top right, two 4" strips beneath that:

Farmhouse sink will be above these two small ones. Does the 6" look huge?

top drawer here actually won't have rails/stiles, just bottom two. Do you prefer the 4 or 6?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz