SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjam08

Which floor? Embrace the grey, or traditional wood look?

jjam
6 years ago

We can see the finish line with our beach house update/reno. Last time I posted many of you encouraged me to keep my vinyl floor, and while I do still like it, it is scuffed, scratched, yellowed, and old when you look at it IRL.

I will miss the look but think it's time for it to go. Now for my question....The house is a reverse floor plan with the entire top floor wide open. Kitchen, dining area, entry, and seating area all visible to each other. Right now we have carpet on one half and vinyl on the other.

My gut feel is that in the long run we will be better off with one style of flooring throughout, eliminating several transitions, with area rugs to define/separate spaces.

So, it's come down to this.....two different samples of vinyl plank. One is a more weathered grey, the other a smoother, more classic wood look. Walls throughout are a very light blue. The new flooring will be installed on the entire top floor of the house, in the bathrooms, and in the hallway downstairs near the bedrooms, which will remain carpeted. We'll get area rugs once I make a decision about the floor. Which one??

I'm worried about how both will look with my oak DR set but hope that if I put a rug under the table it will break up all the wood tones.

So....weathered grey, or classic??

Comments (44)