Sometimes you can't see what's right in front of your face!

rikki_t

I've been lurking here awhile, and decided to finally post.

I live in a small 1 BR apt. I brought in some old wooden dresser drawers I found by the dumpster, and was going to make a bookcase out of them like I'd seen on Pinterest. I stacked them up in the hallway, where they fit very well against the wall, not interfering with the door opening. I was thinking about how to create more vertical storage space somewhere for small items, and it suddenly occurred to me that those drawers with shelves added and painted a pretty color would fit perfectly on that wall! Why I had never though of it before is beyond me, as they have been sitting there forever!

I have my old childhood dresser that is in pitiful shape, but the drawers are still good, so for sentimental value, I was going to use them as shelves. The top drawers are the same depth as these, so I can add them to the shelving unit. I also picked up some old shelving from a broken up entertainment center once, and I can cut that down and use it for shelves. I have a full gallon of white latex paint that was given to me, so all I need is the hardware to hold it together.

Now I have a new project! I'll come post pictures when it's done.

SaveComment4Like3
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carabubble

Waiting for those pictures.

Save    
Granny H

I love using old drawers for projects. I would love to see a picture of your finished project.

Save    
juanital

I'd like to see some drawer projects! :)

Save    
rikki_t

My situation has changed. I'm getting rid of everything and moving into a smaller place, so I'm not doing these projects. In fact, I put all the drawers back out by the dumpsters and one of the pickers who come around picked them up.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Entryways Put On a Good Face: Design Principles for Home Fronts
Set the right tone from the get-go with an entry that impresses and matches the overall design of your home
Full Story
Fun Houzz Sometimes Tile Can Be Downright Entertaining
See the creative ways designers use tile to put a playful stamp on bathrooms
Full Story
Great Designers Can You Match These Faces With Their Famous Designs?
Architects' portraits are less familiar than their iconic designs, but take a good look — you might see a connection
Full Story