SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Equine photographer dilemma (Bob_cville?)

Alisande
6 years ago

When my daughter Gillian was showing on the Morgan Horse Show circuit in the 1990s, she and her horse were often photographed by an equine photographer named Bob Moseder. Gillian died in 2001. While looking for something else this past week I discovered a tiny print/proof of a gorgeous picture of her, taken by Mr. Moseder. I immediately wanted enlargements to give as gifts to my kids and granddaughter--and one for me.

The little proof had the negative number printed on the back, along with contact info for Moseder Photography. However, the phone number didn't work, and I soon learned that Mr. Moseder passed away a couple of years ago.

He was located in Florida, but worked the entire east coast as far as I can determine. Is anyone familiar with his business? I'm wondering if someone else took it over and kept the negatives. If not, and his family still has them, I would offer to buy this one. So far Googling hasn't helped. Any thoughts?

Comments (14)

• ldstarr
    6 years ago

Could you try contacting his wife that always worked with him. Her address was 43 Mala Compra Road Palm Coast, FL 32137. She may have, or be able to tell you who does have the negatives. Her first name was Jean, if I remember correctly.

• socks
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I hope you can get it, Susan. What a meaningful find that would be!! Fingers crossed for you. Or maybe a professional could enlarge the one you found.

• Alisande
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Wow, ldstarr! You're way better than Google! :-) I'll do that, thanks so much!

Socks, while looking for answer I've been working on the image I scanned from the little print. It needs work, and I've had some experience with that sort of thing, but there's nothing like starting with a good negative. It would probably show better detail in Gillian's face. Her expression was joyous.

• User
    6 years ago

I don’t know if this will be of any help but this article related to his passing has the contact information for Jean Moseder (his wife maybe?) at the bottom of the page. Maybe she could direct you. Bob Moseder article

• Alisande
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks, Irish. Ldstarr posted the address above, and I wrote a letter immediately. I'll mail it on Tuesday. I don't think we have mail tomorrow.

• nickel_kg
    6 years ago

(Nothing better than seeing pure joy on a loved one's face, is there? Best wishes for a successful quest!)

• Elmer J Fudd
    6 years ago

alisande, this link has two phone numbers. Whether right or wrong, you can try calling. Good luck, hope you can get what you're looking for.

https://radaris.com/~Robert-Moseder/1126000233

• ldstarr
    6 years ago

alisande--glad to help. Sometime my "chemo brain" even fires on all the cylinders and I can remember something :)

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    6 years ago

Off topic, but my late husband was a direct descendent of Justin Morgan, who had the original Morgan horse.

• Alisande
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks, Elmer . . . I tried both numbers. One has been disconnected, and there was no answer at the other one. It just rang and rang--not that I would have left a message anyway under these circumstances. I'll just mail the letter as planned, and if I get no response in a couple of weeks I'll try the working phone number again. Appreciate you getting the info.

• Suzieque
    6 years ago

Alisande, I received an article from my friend about Bob Moseder. I'm having trouble linking it here. I'll send it to you separately.

Alisande thanked Suzieque
  • bob_cville
    6 years ago

I have no direct knowledge, but I found a facebook page for Bob Moseder Photography.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.426404049713.208680.67416719713&_fb_noscript=1

I cannot see more than the first page since I'm not on Facebook.

Alisande thanked bob_cville
  • Alisande
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you, Bob. I saw that FB page yesterday. I went to it thinking it was for Bob Moseder, but it's actually for the Devon Horse Show with an album of his photographs--updated 7 years ago.