SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazyjz1

AV wick watering reservoir contents.

6 years ago

My reservoirs for my AV plants often pick up small bits of debris, small amounts of algae etc. so i never really bothered to look to carefully at the water reservoirs. This weekend, I emptied and cleaned all the reservoirs, replaced wicks and potting soil as needed.

Now everything is clean and clear. Not. There is some sort of spooge clinging to my new wicks (acrylic yarn). A clear gelatinous looking substance. My guess is that one of more of the contents of my water is working against one another and creating some sort of cellulose fiber in the water.

Ingredients: well water, 1/2 tsp PH down, 2 drops of Dawn for dishes, 1/2 tsp of physan 20 and of course now, 1/8 + tsp Dyna Gro.

Any idea who the culprits are? I don't think its going to be problematic as far as the liquids ability to navigate the wick but what about the plants ability to absorb whatever it is in the water.

Additionally, I just cleaned all those reservoirs and now they look like I blended a piece of tissue paper into their water!

Ill take any and all ideas.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida