SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m2fineman

Comments on Kitchen Design Wanted, thanks!

marilynpa
6 years ago

Hi all,

I would really like some feedback on this layout before we 'finalize' it.

The big things from my point of view are the locations of the refrigerator (counter-depth) and the SO. I do not want a cooktop/range in my peninsula, nor do I want the sink there. For base cabinets, I have 3 drawer bases on either side of the range and in the peninsula. There is a super susan in the corner to the right of the sink. There is a blind corner in the corner to the left of the sink. To the right of the sink is the trash pullout with a drawer above.

Attached is a kitchen design done by my KD. We are moving the kitchen to the existing DR area. In the current kitchen area, we are putting a wall with a steam oven (SO) on the side by the kitchen, a counter-height desk area and a 30" pantry cabinet. There is also the overhang from the peninsula that will provide seating for 3 (pic shows 2, but with 72", we can fit 3 though the 3rd stool will often be in the desk area). We are currently thinking that we will put two chairs and a ottoman and/or small table in that area and then keep the breakfast room table and chairs in the current breakfast room. We will move our FR into the current LR area, so that will now be off the new kitchen area). The current FR will become the new DR (that is the area off the diagonal opening in the breakfast room area).

Comments (26)