SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eatbbqribscb

Should we paint the interior of the bookshelves silver half dollor not

Hockeymom
6 years ago

Showing a before and up to now after picture. Split level ranch family room In basement. We painted the upper walls Benjamin moore Silver half dollar and had planned to do all of the window trim and bookshelf trim pure white and the bottom half beadboard white. Now for cost savings we are thinking to leave the paneling and we have binned it and will plan on painting silver half dollar. Question is..... should we do the interior bookshelf the gray as well or leave it white. Seems like its a lot of white since the window trim butts right against the bookshelf. Thoughts? I know the brown vinyl on the windows look out of place but we cannot afford to replace the windows at this time and i don't think we can paint the vinyl on it either. Eventually we will probably replace the bottom half with drywall or painted bead board but for now we just want to finish painting so we can get the floor in. Was planning to do the actual shelves for the book shelves and will be putting a tv in the large middle space. Thanks for your thoughts.... decorating and colors are not my thing.

Comments (7)