SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Misty morning in the garden ...

roselee z8b S.W. Texas
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I've posted so many photos through the years that I hesitate to post more, but I thought maybe, just maybe, if I take some from a few different angles I could get away with it ... ya' think?

It's not easy for us Texans to grow plants with the big gunnera type leaves. Root beer plant is about as close as I can get ...

Taro types, philodendron, and canna leaves like the brightly striped Pretoria canna are a step in that direction too. Castor bean would be in the running for sure. Do you know of any others ...

The rain has brought out Dykia Dorothy Barr's pinker side. (Thank you Eric!) ...

Raspberry ice (thank you Omar!) could almost be called a weeping form of Bougainvillea ...

Especially in contrast to the 'torch' form (Thank you Irene!) ...

Not even a rainy day can do much to tone down bougies of any type ...

My newly painted chairs, from purple to white, stand out from the crowd, too ...

Texas Pyramid bush stands out brightly as well. It's a very undemanding plant. If you don't grow it maybe you should. And look at those pretty leaves ...

I'm eager for this legume's flowers to open so it will make it easier for someone to ID it for me. I bought it from Yuccado years ago. Any guesses? ...

Raindrops are hanging on to Ratama's long leaves like crystal beads . Mr. Flamingo agrees (thank you Patty!)

I guess reports of rain are not welcome in many parts of Texas. So sorry that many places were flooded. San Antonio got relatively little at that time.

Comments (19)