SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
netla

Looking for the title of a thriller about an impending second coming

netla
6 years ago

Can you help me find a book title and author? Ever since a book discussion at work this afternoon it has been flitting around in my brain, annoyingly just out of reach. My Google-foo has completely failed me on this.

I read it probably in the late 80s or early 90s, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to have been published in the 70s, in the wake of The Omen. It's more thriller than horror, but I recall there were horror elements.

Here's what I remember (or think I remember): A representative of the Vatican is sent to investigate two virgin pregnancies, one in America, the other in Ireland, and told to figure out which girl is expecting the second coming of Christ and which is expecting the Antichrist. A lot of things happen, most of them unpleasant, and the coming of the Antichrist is prevented. The new Christ is born, but the Vatican's people conclude that the baby isn't the true Christ because it's a girl. In the epilogue she is grown up (or a teenager) and performs her first miracle. I think it was a bestseller, or by a best-selling author.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert