SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Flamingo Dancer

I just ordered it this morning from Burling, who hybridized it, to take the place of Mme. Leon Pain, which was sold to me as La France. Unfortunately it is a very tall and gangly plant, sparsely covered with leaves, which does not appreciate the heat. I promised myself (and my husband) that I would not order any more roses after this year, and this time I actually really mean it given the changing climate and my wimpy energy level.

There have been comments about this rose here, but nothing recently as far as I could tell, and would appreciate being told what a treasure FD is, how wonderful in the heat, fast grower, lovely flowers, you know, that kind of thing. Pictures would also be most welcome.

After decades of growing antique roses, without ever quite achieving my dream garden, I'm now at the end stage where the dream has become a somewhat less grand reality, and I long to be finished with planting and watching babies struggling to grow up. My main goal is to have Tea Rose Row be full of tea roses again, after quite a few failed for one reason or another, and yesterday we planted Mlle. Franziska Kruger there which has been in a pot for some months, and moved Jesse Hildreth there after if failed to do well in another location. An ancient Mrs. B.R. Cant was dug up today (although I now still have another one thanks to getting some mislabeled roses) and that spot is waiting for Florence Bowers. Snowbird, La France and Flamingo Dancer will complete the two front-garden plots and then I'll be so happy to be done

Comments (11)