SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellkay

Awkward Facade Needs (Affordable) Facelift

L K
6 years ago

If I were to be living in this home myself, I would be asking for advice in the Architectural forum :) But this home is going to be a very nice rental, and it needs to be painted. I'm struggling when considering repainting with white again. I'm hoping that some of you visionaries might suggest a paint scheme that might reduce the bulk of this awkward facade (it is a HUGE garage that was apparently built to house an RV). Additional challenge: white certainly makes the mass of this structure look even bigger, but the plaster is typical of the Spanish style, softly "lumpy" as opposed to rough. That texture becomes far more apparent and, to my eye, more contrived, as paint colors move to the darker end of the spectrum. The "garage door" is actually several wood panels (4 of which have the narrow windows inserted) that slide open from the center to each side on curved "barn door" type tracks, and they have a sprayed texture on them. No, it won't be used as a normal garage, unless garage door openers have come a long way:-)

One more note... the opening on the far left is a wood pedestrian gate, currently painted blue, as are the eaves and front door, which is up the brick walkway. All options for colors are open.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments (3)