SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammyte

Small update

tammyte
6 years ago

I haven't forgotten that I need to do a post with our finished home and info. Today I believe was the last day they came back to fix things. It is not at all perfect but I'm pretty sure this is all I can get out of them.
This has been a nightmare and I definitely feel we were mislead and did not get what we were sold. There are big things and lots of little things that I will post later but I wanted to share a small frustration today.
So even though they tell you a mod home is EXCTLY like a home built on site, it is not. Normally light switches are placed near the edge/corner but this light switch for our dining area is several inches into the room. The reason they gave me is that this is on a marriage wall where the two mods attach to each other and there is not sufficient space for e electrical box. This makes sense to me but no one ever told me it would be like this.
Now when we walk in to our dark home while carrying groceries and such, I have to feel around for the stupid switch because it's not at all where you would think it would be. I'm sure we will get used to that. But, I was considering placing a small shallow cabinet in that space. It won't fit there because the switch is in the way. It won't fit to the right, even if it would then I wouldn't be able to access the switch easily. If I put the shelf to the left of the switch it is so far into the room that it is behind the dining chairs and in the way. Not life ending, but very annoying.

Comments (14)