SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aok27502

Need ideas for a different kind of window treatment - a boat

aok27502
6 years ago

I am looking for ideas for window treatments for our boat windows. They are odd shapes and sizes, and I hope there is a relatively inexpensive solution.

The curtains there now drive me crazy. They are simple, something like a rod pocket. But they have snaps along the top and bottom edge, and the receiving end of the snaps fit on a track. They don't stay snapped, and they don't slide very well, and I hate them.

Some boats use mini blinds, which are OK. They will serve the purpose. I've seen them in wood, which are gorgeous, but I don't find them anywhere other than 2" slats. That's too big. Whatever I use needs to be fixed top and bottom, so it doesn't swing and flop around. A cafe rod would work, but I'd like something less ruffly than rod pockets. We want to be able to see out, so nothing solid. I would consider a roman shade or pleated blind if it could be drawn up enough to be out of the way.

Here is one of the windows. It is roughly 50" x 13". I have sewing skills, so I could make something if I had an idea and instructions. Sorry the picture is so dark, but it was bright outside.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments (15)