SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anne71

What type/color curtains should I hang here?

Anne M
6 years ago

Does anyone have any advice/ideas for what kind of curtains to hang above these 2 sets of windows?i.e. front of house + side of house windows....

I have a pretty casual serene vibe going on, but my taste is more contemporary and I tend to shy away from bright colors and the room is pretty much black/cream, and grey. I've heard it would look best to hang the curtains from the top of the wall, well above the top rows of windows - to make it look larger?

It feels like I should go with some sort of sheer curtains, but I don't know what color to try or if there is anything I should do to make the space more interesting since it's all quite neutral. I love the concept of a sunny yellow as it's my favorite color but I can't quite seem to figure out how to make it work in here...

The room itself is quite small and narrow, open concept with the dining area in front of the space pictured here. I've got the Restoration Hardware cloud dining chairs (sand color) with a raw edge dining table if that gives you more of an idea of the style I like.

Thanks for any/all advice!

Comments (11)