Shipping Wine Home From Visit to CA

mleonardi

Hello! I am heading to Napa/Sonoma soon and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for transporting wine home. I'd rather not check in my luggage but it doesn't appear that there are easy options to ship all your wine (except from each winery separately). Any suggestions? Also, once I'm back from the trip, are there any good online marketplaces where you can find small producer wines or should I be prepared to buy a bunch in person on my trip if I'd like the wine post-vacation?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

The wineries are experts in packaging and shipping. And most/all sell on their websites.

Save    
sushipup1

Another idea if you buy a bottle here and one there, is to check with FedEx Office locations and find one that will package and ship for you.

Save    
PRO
Mark Bischak, Architect

One winery we visited (Rodney Strong?) offered a styrofoam container that had individual compartments (12) for each bottle. We filled it, taped it shut, and checked it in as luggage at the airport; no problem.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Modern Homes Sneak a Peek at 7 Homes From Denver’s Modern Home Tour
A wine cube with a glass ceiling, a remodeled Eichler and other structures exemplify modern design in Colorado
Full Story
Travel by Design Homes Away From Home: 10 Charming U.S. Bed-and-Breakfasts
Looking for a more personal stay on your getaway? These homey bed-and-breakfasts roll out the welcome mat in style
Full Story
Community Making a Home Away From Home
Feeling like a stranger in a strange land? These tips can help ease the transition after a big move
Full Story
Van Metre Homes is a homegrown builder with a reputation for blending the enduring traditions, quality and value... Read More
Taking your home entertainment to the next level! We are the leading experts in home automation and home theater... Read More