SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imsum1

can someone help me increase this pic??

sum1
6 years ago

I am trying to get opinions on this addition layout can you help ??

Comments (28)

• acm
    6 years ago

there's no way any of us can make it bigger -- you need to work with the original file. It's just barely legible when expanded.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

Print the file, scan it, and create a jpeg and post. Or lay the actual plan on the floor, take a photo, and re post that photo.

sum1 thanked JAN MOYER
  • Related Discussions

can someone upload these pics for me.

Q

Comments (2)
    Replace [ ] with Not sure why/how it worked!? Do not move or re-name the pictures, else they will vanish from here. [img src=âÂÂhttp://farm2.static.flickr.com/1168/530261248_a33f48274e_z.jpg?zz=1"] [img src="http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1076/530261134_917847b221_z.jpg?zz=1"] ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ...See More

can someone tell me whats wrong with my habs. link to pics

Q

Comments (4)
    Well i cant seem to get these pics to show. My white habs that are about 1 month old and up until today were looking great but when i got home from work 2 plants had brown spots on the leaves it almost looks as if they are dried brown spots fairly nice size spots I might add. I will figure out how to get these pics on here but i hope that this sounds familiar to someone because I would sure hate to lose any seedlings
    ...See More

Can someone please id this Hawk 4 me? Have pics!!!

Q

Comments (8)
    Oh, sorry, I didn't mean they were hunting, they were just gliding around in circles, very, very high, from what I have read, this is common behavior for red-tailed hawks around this time of year and has something to do with mating. I was able to get a good look with my binoculars and they were definitely hawks. They have been doing this lately, more so on sunny days, usually at least two, sometimes more, but that day there were more of them than I have ever seen! Very pretty!
    ...See More

Can someone help me find pics of oldhouse1's kitchen?

Q

Comments (6)
    Bayareafrancy- question for you... I saw an older post were b you had a pic of your white suway tile backsplash with bright white grout. You mentioned that you didn't like it add it was too bright. Can you tell me what tile color and grout you used? I am looking to just use either snow white subway tiles from HD or the comparable tiles from lowes. I'm trying to figure out what grout to use without it being too white so I'm hoping I can pick your brain. Any advice? Thank you much!
    ...See More
  • sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I fixed it

Addition · More Info

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

no one is replying though ... lol

I'm doing something very wrong

• Julie B
    6 years ago

It's hard to read on your pic what exactly you are planning. What are you adding/changing and what do you want opinions about?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

Yes you fixed the jpeg. No you didn't fix the question. What is the question, and if it is can you sandwich a blue highlighted 1/2 bath......just plopped into an addition and take a chunk of the corner? I'd advise no.

It's very unclear as to what you are even attempting to do.

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

"It's very unclear as to what you are even attempting to do"

REALLY ?????

I am having a 16 X 22 addition put on the rear of my TINY house, within that addition there is a 1/2 bath, you know .... the blue highlighted sandwiched "chunk" you so professionally pointed out.

Thankyou for your *cough* *cough* ..... "help" ...

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

@ sumi

Yes really. It was unclear. And the chunk is what I feared, and yes, I am sorry to say that will not make any more sense once constructed, than as it is drawn on the plan. There are solutions to the issue of needing another bath, just not as drawn.

Your plan is hard to read, even blown up, and forgive us all, but none of us reads minds here. Have a nice weekend

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

"There are solutions to the issue of needing another bath, just not as drawn"

Thank you for that.. It just proved a point for me.

also, there are ideabooks in ones profile that help to "read" ones mind...

Thanks again for taking time out of your day for being so helpful.

Reading your replies makes me sad for those of us who are really humble and just looking for suggestions.

enjoy your weekend as well.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

And you could get HELP for all of that. I just explained the issue with the attempt to help you.

If you want that help, it can only be as good as the information in front of any one of us. You asked in your post for an opinion ..... that opinion stands. You need MORE separation from any open dining spot to a powder room. A bath is not an attractive thing near a dining spot.. That means to essentially create a "hallway" from garage TO that bath, and decrease the openness of the addition to the kitchen area.

Or consult with a designer on site in your home for other options. We are seeing only a portion of your first floor. It is impossible to offer more solutions without seeing the remainder. But thank you as well.

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I have NO other floor... I apologize, because this was a xpost... I didn't realize no one could see those posts

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Oh and that last post was actually somewhat helpful... unlike ANY of your others

• weedyacres
    6 years ago

sum1: A word of advice: in this forum, snide remarks to would-be helpers aren't typically conducive to lots of willing advice. Keep in mind that everyone here is a volunteer, not a paid Houzz staffer, so they're not motivated by accusations of lack of helpfulness.

So if you want to continue to hang out and benefit from the wealth of experience and expertise that lives here, and is willing to share, tone down the snark.

• AnnKH
    6 years ago

Sum1, I have never clicked on a person's profile to see if they have an ideabook. It's presumptuous to assume that everyone reading your post will take that step, without a suggestion to do so.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever clicked on someone's profile for any reason - not even posters I have "known" here for a long time.

• PRO
    User
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Perhaps hiring a local architect for your project planning would provide the more personal assistance that your project requires. You will also need their drawn blueprints in order to file for the required permits. Good luck!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

Wow! Is really all I can say. I hope when you do proceed with a renovation, your communication will improve. Or you'll find yourself in for a long haul . To start with a chip on your shoulder, implying that the world at large owes you a living is expecting and guaranteeing disaster. I DO hope you have a lovely weekend!

• User
    6 years ago

Your seeming unfamiliarity with internet etiquette, anything design related, anything construction related, and most of all, the pricing of such an endeavor, could be given some slack if you were to admit to all of that, and genuinely ask for help rather than confirmation bias for some preconceived poor ideas.

No soup for you.

Hire a Pro. Like should already have happened as your very first step. After developing an Actually Realistic Budget for your want list. Pros are back at boom level busyness. Availability is scarce. Costs are back through the roof again. And Pros can easily afford pick and choose who they want to fire at the first meeting.

If you want a project you actually happen, then you need to have some takeaways from this interaction with several Pros. Like don't bite the hand that feeds you. Especially if you want to beg for the donation of free work. Time and knowledge is how a Pro makes a living. It's funny, but people pay a lot more attention to advice they pay for. So, pay for it. You'll likely pay the PITA surcharge as well.

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

So,... Sophie Wheeler.. you can see my other posts ?? You hopped over from the Kitchens forum to comment here on the remodeling forum?? hmmm seems sorta "clicky"

and Ms. Moyer.. I have ZERO chip... actually I am quite the opposite.. I look straight from my eyes... NOT down my nose ... and you ???

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

LOL AnnKH.. I have been looking at the pro's pages .. and their "idea books" they're amazing... that's why they are there.. don't act like I'm rummaging through drawers..

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

weedyacres,, Thanks for the "heads up" .

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

lefty47.. when I originally posted my plans they appeared small but you could click on them and they'd enlarge .. at least for me... I was met with a lashing on that... and once I fixed them I once again was met with .. well yeah.. you fixed them but .. we don't get what you want anyway.. listen I appreciate the fact people are doing this pro bono .. but some people here are just beyond... I absolutely don't belong here..... thank God

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

Yes you fixed the jpeg. No you didn't
    fix the question. What is the question, and if it is can you sandwich a
    blue highlighted 1/2 bath......just plopped into an addition and take a
    chunk of the corner? I'd advise no.

It's very unclear as to what you are even attempting to do.

"It's very unclear as to what you are even attempting to do"

REALLY ?????

I am having a 16 X 22 addition put on the rear of my TINY house,
    within that addition there is a 1/2 bath, you know .... the blue
    highlighted sandwiched "chunk" you so professionally pointed out.

Thankyou for your *cough* *cough* ..... "help" ...

Yes really. It was unclear. And the chunk is what I feared, and yes, I
    am sorry to say that will not make any more sense once constructed,
    than as it is drawn on the plan. There are solutions to the issue of
    needing another bath, just not as drawn.

Your plan is hard to read, even blown up, and forgive us all, but none of us reads minds here. Have a nice weekend

when I originally posted my plans they appeared small but you could
    click on them and they'd enlarge .. at least for me... I was met with a
    lashing on that... and once I fixed them I once again was met with ..
    well yeah.. you fixed them but .. we don't get what you want anyway..
    listen I appreciate the fact people are doing this pro bono .. but some
    people here are just beyond... I absolutely don't belong here..... thank
    God

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now........... read all that again. Then ask yourself how many people ( pro or otherwise) will be dying to help you on a Friday before a holiday weekend, from a scratchy sketch that is difficult to see, with little info in the original post, and for free. I can only hope it's not the demeanor you take to the doctor.........who I'm very certain is not pro bono, and is well "beyond" free, even if the real fee is hidden in your insurance premiums. Really.

• Sammy
    6 years ago

You: can someone help me increase this pic??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan: Print the file, scan it, and create a jpeg and post. Or lay the actual plan on the floor, take a photo, and re post that photo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You: I fixed it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You asked for help increasing the size of your photo and you got it...from Jan!

So what's the problem?

BTW: The "fixed" picture you posted isn't the same as the one you originally posted, which only adds to the confusion.

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

No I'm sorry actually I did the "fix" myself... The second scan was enlarged on my scanner, and I tried to clarify the addition by highlighting the areas .. , ask yourself what the purpose of your comment actually is..

• sum1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

please stop commenting on this... I apologize for ever asking for any help

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

In the off chance you need help in the future, simply consider that the quality of the "ask" will be the quality of the answer.s........ and the apology for asking is not necessary....though it may well be for your responses , in any attempt to actually help you. Right through to the most recent post.

Far too many folks have evidence in great results, of alllllll types of help received on this site, and from gen pop and pro's alike. I'd consider that.

• dan1888
    6 years ago

At first glance I'd like the living room in the back. More like a casual family room. That would give you the front space for a dining area or a more expansive kitchen with the center space for dining. If you can get a full floor plan sorted with more dimensions I'd suggest you post it in the kitchen forum. You're at the beginnings of an involved process. Your best assets in this will be flexibility, patience and openness.