SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamiller040256

Small Velux Skylight - Blind or Not?

M Miller
6 years ago

I am putting in a new Velux skylight to replace an old no-name one that has seen its day. The skylight is about 36x36. It is over a hallway, but there is a bedroom just a few feet from the skylight. That bedroom's door lets in a lot of light around the edges, and the bed is just a couple feet from the door, so the light gets in the sleeper's eyes early in the morning, though that's mostly in the summer, not so much a problem in the winter.

I am considering Velux's blackout blind for the skylight, which is fixed. But because of the skylight's small size of 36x36, am worried that the stackback on the blind, or the carriage that holds the blind, will appear large in relation to the skylight. I've looked for photos on the internet, but they all show the blind half-closed, so I haven't been able to see what it looks like when the blind is fully opened, and how much space it takes up when fully opened.

Does the blind take up a lot of space on the skylight when fully-open? Will a blind look bad in a small skylight?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting