Need Help Posting in Another Forum
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
Related Discussions
Postings...will look for another forum for...
Comments (11)I haven't been over here since it first open. How long has it been, almost 2 years? I would like to see some of your paintings. Do you have a web page? I'll check out your profile. I think some of the mosaics that the people over in the garden junk forum really belong here with what I think is more of a art than using junk. I stopped posting over there because it seems just to be mostly what's being bought at thrift stores and not in a garden yet. Then again it's winter. I have boxes and boxes of paints so maybe you'll inspire me to try something. The only thing I ever painted was a sceene of a butterfly life cycle with the heads cut out. They were large enough for some faces to poke through at a nature center festival. I know idea what ever happened to it....See MoreNeed help posting pictures to forums
Comments (6)If you could help me through it, with baby steps. I am going to assume you are comfortable with opening and having more than one tab open. If you are not, just say so. I discovered a member at the Test Forum was having one heck of a time with the instructions, because she had never had more than one tab (or window) open at a time. Once she master tabs she was soon posting pics. 1...just type your message,...or in this case a reply to this post, changing the Subject of Posting line by one character. 2...open Photobucket in another tab 3...find the pic you want to post in the message, 4...click on HTML code found in the third box below the pic. It will say copied in yellow, 5...go back and paste the HTML in your message box, 6...hit preview, You will then see your message, and the actual pic, and 7... lastly hit submit. Stop on by the Test Forum Gallery. There are 'regulars' there that will help until you get good at it. Sue Here is a link that might be useful: Test Forum Gallery...See MoreHelp! Lighting advice needed (cross posted on Lighting forum)
Comments (0)Sorry if this post is chaotic. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. We are in the middle of a full kitchen remodel of our 1921 pseudo-Prairie style house, and need to make some lighting choices. I don't have plans available, but here are some basics: We will have a U-shaped kitchen (approx 12' x 14' x 8') with the 8' long stretch formed by a peninsula (with raised bar top for counter seating). There will also be a 5' long island in the middle. No upper cabinets. Two west-facing windows and 12ft wide sliding glass doors facing north. Our original plan was the following: 1. Recessed lights (4" LED) above the countertop for task lighting 2. Recessed lights (6" LED) above the passageways 3. Semi-flush ceiling fixture (300W incandescent) above the island for ambient and task lighting 4. Three pendants (halogen) over the bar seating area Our architect questions the use of recessed cans, which he says affect sound transfer between floors and also don't provide as much light as flush mounted (so you need more of them). He also doesn't think that they fit with the style of the house. My original plan was based on the assumption that recessed cans would do just that -- i.e., "recess" into the background so that the main ceiling fixture and three pendants would be the main focal point. It also seems much easier (and cost effective) to find recessed LEDs. We have to contend with Title 24. Can anyone give advice on what might work? Are there quality LED lights that would work as task lighting and passageway lighting but wouldn't make our ceiling look like a collage of competing fixtures?...See MoreNeed help with evergreen (X-posted tree forum)
Comments (5)I was going to suggest DeGroot's Spire, which is an arborvitae. I planted six in the orchard as an allee'. I began planting them in 2008, they are suppose to reach a height of 10' and several are about that now and all stay fairly "skinny". I had a deer come through one year tho and must have rubbed antlers against one, breaking down one side. It re-grew rather quickly but has an odd shape now. I very happy with them, they grow fast, seem healthy still, have a deep green/sometimes blueish cast, and stay smaller in diameter than other arborvitae. The one drawback - they are costly, at least when I was buying mine. I could only afford one or two a year....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

ORGANIZINGHow to Organize Your Sheets and Towels
A few basic supplies and smart storage tips can help you straighten up the linen closet
Full Story
PETSHow to Help Your Dog Be a Good Neighbor
Good fences certainly help, but be sure to introduce your pup to the neighbors and check in from time to time
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEPost-KonMari: How to Organize Your Kitchen Storage
Find out which storage tools are essential and which are nice to have to keep things looking neat
Full Story
ORGANIZINGPost-KonMari: How to Organize Your Pantry
Get the skinny on setting up your food storage so it’s easier to find ingredients and cook
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGBe a Citizen Scientist to Help Wildlife, Learn and Have Fun Too
Track butterflies, study birds, capture stars ... when you aid monitoring efforts, you’re lending Mother Nature a hand
Full Story
MOVINGSaying Goodbye to One Home and Hello to Another
Honor your past and embrace your future with these ideas for easing the transition during a move
Full Story
ORGANIZINGStick to Your Resolutions: Help From a Pro Organizer
Accomplish your goals — from decluttering to rediscovering fitness — for real this time
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNOpening the Kitchen? Make the Most of That Support Post
Use a post to add architectural interest, create a focal point or just give your open kitchen some structure
Full Story
ORGANIZINGPost-KonMari: How to Organize Your Keys, Mail and More
Keep your entryway neat and clutter-free with these must-haves and nice-to-have options
Full Story
bob_cville