SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

One set of doors or two?

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I am doing some work to our detached garage. So this will be mostly just me using this space. I have an Airbnb rental apartment above this so will be doing the laundry for that space after every rental. Currently the garage has two closets on a side wall that are both 42" deep by 78" wide. I am going to combine into one closet in the garage area and put a second washer/dryer in there as well as a sink. I will use this as a potting bench for gardening and will also use it for cleaning and refilling my many hummingbird feeders. Then I will make a coat closet that is accessible from the other hallway that leads to the apartment up the stairs. I have the existing bifold doors that I hope to reuse. Each set is about 48" wide. So if I use two sets, it will probably look odd, but I'm thinking about when I'm in there at the sink working, it may feel roomier if I can leave the doors open while working, but it does eat up a lot of wall space. Or should look just use one set centered?

Now-

After with two sets of doors used-

simulating with doors open, the program I use won't show it with the doors open so I had to make it just openings,

Or one set of the bifolds centered-

Comments (2)