SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Sending Prayers To Our Friends In The Path Of Hurricane Harvey

Sending prayers to all of our friends that live in the path of Hurricane Harvey.

I know that you all will have strong winds that can and will damage your trees. I was just telling a friend about how we prepare for hurricanes here on our coast.. I will water my containers and lay them on the ground to help weigh them down ( so they aren't light ) and so they won't break from the heavy/ wet foliage . You can also trim the leaves like they do to the palm trees in Florida. We call that a " Hurricane Cut". This eliminates the wind resistance which can cause damage. You can also lay your trees on the ground and take rope and bunch/ tie them together. This will also keep the containers from being drenched with the torrential rainfall being on their sides. It's hard to think about doing, but sometimes when you know you are going to have 75 -115 mph winds and around 20 -30 inches of rain with the system stalling once it hits land. it's better to do this then losing your trees to damage or just from them blowing away.

Take care of yourselves first.. please think about leaving and heading inland if it's a Cat 3 and especially a Cat 4 . This brings chills to me and I will pray that you and your property are safe.

Laura

Comments (2)