SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_zinnsetley

Exterior Paint Color Advice Needed!

Stephanie Setley
6 years ago

We just bought a 1909 American Foursquare in Morgantown, WV. It is currently white, with white, and more white, and more white on top of that.

We will have teals, greens, and blues indoors. Bold cool colors.

The front door will be replaced and/or painted. It's hard to tell from this photo but the foundation is beige/cream concrete block with a rounded outfacing surface. (see last photo for a better shot of the foundation color and surface)

We are also replacing the windows - which means choosing an exterior color for those too. I'm thinking non-white since white windows weren't the norm in 1909. Trim will be replaced as needed but I want to keep as much of the original as possible. As you can see, the upstairs upper trims have been swallowed by the non-original roof line. Silver shingle roof will remain so I do want to take that color into consideration.

So, I'm looking for suggestions as to colors for main body, trim, soffit, facia, columns, porch floor and ceiling..the whole nine yards. I'm thinking turquoise main with navy window trim - neighbors house also has navy trim and is gray. But I'm completely lost as to what color each piece should be at the roofline and porch! Please and thank you!

Sorry the photos are out of order - this is my first post so I'm still learning the ropes. ;-)

Comments (2)