SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Christmas in Vermont?

3katz4me
6 years ago

Well, as our family is dwindling, and some of those remaining don't seem to care much for us, we are thinking about going somewhere for Christmas. We have never traveled for Christmas, always in town with family. However last year we just didn't feel welcome at the family gathering and I think the folks who have it might rather not have some or all of the "extended" family there.

So I'm thinking about DH and I going to Vermont which is one of the few states I haven't yet been to and staying in some kind of small inn. Something bigger than a B&B but smaller than what would seem more like a hotel - so a more intimate setting where you'd get to know other people staying there but not like you're staying in someone's bedroom.

I've always been thankful I didn't have to deal with hoards of travelers at the airport over the holidays or run the risk of getting stuck in an airport for Christmas because of the weather. However, I'm now thinking I might be up for the adventure and I find myself somewhat dreading a repeat of last year's Christmas event. Thinking about leaving on 12/23 and coming back on 12/27.

Have you ever had some kind of non-family oriented Christmas travel experience? The whole idea is so foreign to me I can't quite get my head around it but life changes and I think it might be time to try something different.

Comments (39)