SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carand18

Design assistance for top and front of rock face / wall in Sydney?

carand18
6 years ago

This project is based in Sydney. The wall & house face east so morning sun on mailbox side & part shade to full shade elsewhere although probably a little more Sun in summer. This photo was taken around 2 pm in August. The soil is dry/sandy and will need improvement. Soil is neutral to slight acid. 2-3 large trees to compete with. It will require some soil removal and backfill with organic matter etc. My only concern was backfilling and having soil wash away so maybe need a heavier soil or mix in the native soil???

Large leaf plants preferred lots of greens a bit of colour perhaps purples maybe a loose tropical theme and would like to try and cover/soften the rock face & pipes to the far left of the photo where possible with plants. I also need a planting along the base of the wall in a bed. It needs to be relatively low maintenance so just tidy and straightforward.

It's a fairly difficult site, however, would anyone have any possible ideas for upper-level plants or a feature plant (maybe pot as may be difficult to dig large hole for feature plant?) in the area above the mailbox (shown in second photo) or any spillover plants to soften edges. There are some crevices and pockets for planting already on the wall which will be clearer after I clean the site out however I may need to also engineer a way to fasten plants to the wall or create pockets for planting? Thanks for any assistance. Much appreciated.

The rough sketchup model I created might make the site a little clearer.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions