Recycling takeout eating utensils

bossyvossy

these utensils have me stumped. They're not the type of plastic accepted by our recycling center and I dont have a soup kitchen nearby. Can you share what you do w/them? I try my best to remember to be tell clerk that I don't need utensils, but I either forget or it seems many times they are prepacked for the faster service that we, as customers, demand. Share your tip.

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skibby (zone 4 Vermont)

If you could find something that would write on them you could use them as plant markers.

Save     Thanked by bossyvossy
Anne

I bet there is a group home or church near you. Try Facebook or call local churches and ask about soup kitchens.

Save    
party_music50

I've seen really cute wreaths made from them. Here's a link to the google image search. Plastic utensil wreath

Save    
VedaBeeps SoCal 9b/10a

I toss them in the earthquake/emergency/ cant-do-dishes-for-whatever-reason stash.

Save    
toxcrusadr

I wash and reuse them in my lunches or picnics. We have a shop in the woods 15 mins from home and often take lunch or dinner up there. Also parties - if people throw some of them away that's OK, they got used at least twice.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Find Your Dining Style: 9 Strategies for Eat-In Kitchens
What kind of seating do you request at a restaurant? It may hold the key to setting up your kitchen table
Full Story
Materials Bamboo Sprouts Up in Bountiful Home Uses
When utensils, flooring and even fabric can be made from a single renewable material, it's a design winner
Full Story
Kitchen Design Pet-Friendly Design: Making Room for the Dog Dish
In a dog’s life, you eat on the floor. Except in kitchens like these, where pets are factored into the design
Full Story