SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Stores to find 100% cotton woven sleeveless shirts? Not online

linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I often have to work outside when it’s very hot. I need something very cool, but can’t stand synthetics on a hot day. I’m selling my work at art fairs all summer. I need to look nice or at least not like I've been working in my garden all day.

After a lot of looking in my usual stores, I can’t find 100% cotton woven shirts. I ask the staff but they don’t know, or show me something that looks like cotton but isn’t. Not online. I have to try them on. I’ve returned everything I bought online and have given up on that option.

The only 100% cotton I can readily find is white. I don’t look good in white at all, it makes my skin look greenish.

I look best in medium to dark colors, which also hide the sweat better. When it's 95 degrees and humid, I'd going to sweat and have to be realistic.

Sleeveless, they should have nothing that traps heat. No collars, etc. I just finished removing collars from 2 older shirts that were otherwise ideal.

No knits. Knits trap heat. Wovens only.

Sporty, not dressy. Dressy doesn’t look good when sweaty. Prefer not expensive designer brands. Not when these shirts have to go through the wringer.

These are a lot of parameters, right? Any idea where to look? I appreciate your help.

Comment (1)

Sponsored