SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuckeae

Window Treatments for Bay Window Sitting Room & Dining Room

tuckeae
6 years ago

I am struggling with window treatments for both my a sitting room and dining room which are both side by side, separated by a foyer. Both rooms have bay windows and I think it would be best for the window treatments to match since they are so close together. The back side of the house has plantation shutters on all windows. However, the front side of the house (where these two rooms are located) does not have any window treatments yet. Would it be best to put plantation shutters on these windows as well, so the entire house matches? We must have privacy for these front windows and there is a large amount of afternoon sun that comes through so we will need something to block that as well. I think white wood blinds would work also, but i'm concerned that they would look odd with the plantation shutters throughout the rest of the house. I have also thought of jute roller shades, or bamboo shades but i am concerned this will not give us enough privacy and block the sunlight.

I really love this look of these drapes, so whatever I do for blinds/shades will need to go well with something similar to this:

Here are pictures of the two windows that need coverings:

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths