SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahelmers1

Stuff that Works

runninginplace
6 years ago

in the interest of giving back a little, here are some products in my life that really work well and which might help someone else:

Cabinet Coat paint - read about it here on the forum when I was considering painting cabinets and tried it out this summer to paint some miscellaneous furniture. Wow, this stuff is great!! I'm doing a lazy woman's paint job meaning slapping on one coat of primer then a couple of coats of CC and it looks like a professional job. No sanding, no special equipment. I'm really a believer and just bought a gallon to continue to paint anything in my house that isn't moving. Sleeping cats, watch out.

Homebrew canker sore mouthwash - years ago when I had periodontal surgery I was given this recipe to help the healing. It worked so well that a year ago when I got totally frustrated with dealing with a constant stream of painful mouth sores I tried the mixture again and wow, does it ever heal those little monsters FAST! Literally within 24 hours the sore is feeling better and within 2 days or so the worst is over. Here's the recipe: one teaspoon of salt, two teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide (I sometimes use 3) mixed in about a half-cup of water warmed as hot as you can comfortably take. Rinse once or twice daily, swishing over the sore as much as possible.

Callus remover - Saw this magic little deviceon a FB listicle of 'amazing products you can get from Amazon' and it had so many great reviews I had to try it. Wow does it work well! It's definitely done a great job on smoothing out my scraggly heels and I'm going to try to use it every few days and see how nicely I can get these feet. Living in SoFla we are in sandals or flip flops all year long so it's nice not to be embarrassed by my feet :).

Comments (69)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm