SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daydra23

Help with kitchen design.....corner sink or no??

Daydra Ramey
6 years ago

I am in the process of building a new home it's 28x32 2 bedroom 1 bath farmhouse style!!! The kitchen is 11x14 with a backdoor 63" from the corner of the 14ft wall and i havs also decided to install a window between the corner and the back door!! I originally had planned to put the kitchen cabinets, stove, dishwasher and sink along the 14ft wall, but after deciding to install the window on the other wall where the original plan counter would of ended! I have gave a second thought to installing a corner sink that way I would be able to look out the window while doing the dishes and would also allow me to have more uninterrupted counter space!!! So I'm looking for suggestions of whether u think a corner sink in the kitchen would be a good idea or a bad one, if u think it would be a good design or not!! I have 168" on the long wall and 63" on the short wall!!! I've tried to search and find as much info as I could but not coming up with much!! Right now I have a 33"x21"x 6 1/2" Elkay stainless steel double bowl kitchen sink so would that be something that would work or not and how big of a cabinet would I need to house that size sink?? Thanks for all the help.

Comments (17)