SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

A few more & some chickie pics... for Ingrida!!

bethnorcal9
6 years ago

Just got a handful of pics today. Been soooo hot!

LA ROSE OPTIMISTE - second day. OMG this is the best bloom it's ever had! Usually they ball or get thrips really bad.

CHESHIRE - here's a case of a young o/r plant not blooming true. I know it's the right rose, tho... because it already bloomed before with a "true" bloom. I guess the heat paled this one.

ALFRED SISLEY

CAMILLE PISSARRO

COLOR MAGIC

THE FISHERMAN'S COT

And now for the chickies!!

PETUNIA - going after the last bit of a corn cob

ELVIRA - my Alpha hen. She lays Jumbo med brown eggs. I thought I was going to lose her a couple months ago. I think she got egg bound for a day. I can see why, with the eggs she lays!! I can always tell which ones are hers.

GERTIE - she's one of last yr's Easter Eggers. They have beards instead of wattles. This time of yr, they tend to let the other birds pluck their beards. Not sure if it's due to the heat, or all the sticky watermelon they get. LOL

LULU is our newest Easter Egger. You can see her lovely beard. I'm not totally sure if she has laid any eggs yet. She's my third EE and I rarely even get two blue eggs per day, let alone all 3. They're not real consistent layers. So she could've laid one that I'm not aware of. I think she might've done so yesterday tho, because she was doing the "I'm gonna lay an egg" clucking for the first time that I know of. For those of you who don't have chickens, some of them let out some really loud and long strings of "Buh-cacks" when it's time to lay their eggs. They are actually often more noisy than the roosters crowing!

Comments (10)