SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilybedmaker

Monday's blooms after a 90 degree day

daylilybedmaker
6 years ago

I did not get a chance to take some pictures this morning, but I took the following in the early evening following a 90 degree day.

DANCING WITH LINDA: Received in the fall from Ed Zahler, the hybridizer. He is great to talk with. I have already reserved a 2018 intro. This is the first diploid that I have seen that has the same looking gold edge that I initially saw in the tets when they first started with gold edges.

PARTY PINAFORE: I first fell in love with this plant when I saw it advertised in the Daylily Journal many moons ago.

SWIMMING WITH SHARKS: Also acquired this past fall. A friend of mine in MD was downsizing his garden and he sent out a list of what he was getting rid of and all I had to do was dig it up. When visiting my parents, I swung by his house and got this one as well as a couple of others.

SO BEAUTIFUL TO ME: I did not capture all of its colors

NEW COVENANT: Acquired about 6 weeks ago from the hybridizer. Reminds me of DRAGONS EYE, but only bigger. It also has red stitching around the edges. In the am the color really pops. I will have to get a better picture.

BITTERSWEET AUGUST: Just started to bloom. Very tall and vigorous.

LAURA HARWOOD: A classic

TOTAL SILENCE: Another one that I dug up from my friend's garden. Just started to bloom.

This is probably going to be my last post for a while. I am preparing to attend a sale auction in Towson MD this Saturday. It is a great time and a great way to get some quality plants at a great price. I am taking 30 plants with me that I am removing from my garden. I am no longer finding them useful for my hybridizing efforts and I need room. I hope to not come back with too many, but I have already purchased two plants (OUTER LIMITS and WOLVERINE) from one of my grower friends, who lives in York, PA. I am hoping to come back with CHASING MY DREAMS, DARK WITCH, JAIL BAIT and I will be scouring other members' plants for any Bennett introductions that I don't grow. It is a lot of fun. The sale starts at 11 with the auction getting underway at 12:30. If anyone is in the area and would like to attend, I am more than willing to share more information.

David

Comments (8)