SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129235

Upstairs open hallway - gallery - too much?

Boopadaboo
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

You all have been so helpful and I am loving how my house is coming together!

I am on a roll, emptying all my pictures from my little storage room.

the entry - so I have shared this part:

Entry · More Info

Then going up the stairs will be the collection of paintings I just had framed. (to be hung tomorrow, DH just put the hardware on them and the pictures in them).

Then at the top of the stairs right now is this iron piece I have been lugging around for years. I threw it up right when we moved in, but not sure I like it there. I also do not love the wall color in fact I loathe it, but all painting to be done in the near future probably to BM white dove. maybe the carpet someday too.

Entry · More Info

I am definitely in the more is more camp, especially with things I love. I have a bunch of black and whites with black frames ( I have no idea what they are so lets call them prints) I think I have a few more hanging around too I need to look.

Entry · More Info

Entry · More Info

So I was thinking I could hang these with a gallery on the middle wall where the Iron piece is and then a few here an there on the other little walls of whatever is left.

What do you think? Over the top? if not, would you start with that largest one and build from there on the gallery wall or do you think it would be to overpowering?

Entry · More Info

the two ends of the hallway:

Entry · More Info

Entry · More Info
and this little stick out thing leading to a bedroom:

Entry · More Info

Comments (9)