SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorishopaholic

Upstairs hall table or bench? Ideas please

lorishopaholic
8 years ago

You guys are always so helpful so I thought I would ask for some advice on this area as I'm stuck. This is our upstairs hall which can be viewed downstairs because of the open staircase. You can't see it in the picture but the side opposite the stair case is open to the foyer as well. The stair side is open to our breakfast nook and kitchen area. I am trying to decide what to put in this hall where the bench and mirror are sitting currently. I am going for a elegant sophisticated look. I will be replacing the current bench with something! Lol! I could repurpose the mirror but if not that's ok too. I found this bench on sale (which ends today) the measurements are perfect for this area. What do you guys think? Should I go with a console or upholstered seating of some sort? I thought the upholstery might soften this area with all the stair railings etc. my house is very neutral but I am really loving navy right now with gold and thought it might be fun to do something with that. I usually go for neutral with furniture so this is a bit out of my element. Any advice or ideas? Thanks again!

Comments (33)