SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nbudke

Paint or redo honeywood Wainscoting & paneling in old queen anne

nbudke
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I know this is an age old dilemma, to paint the trim white or not. My wife & I are currently debating it, but we both agree that the terrible honey plywood paneling and wainscoting needs to be painted, redone or removed. I'm thinking of redoing the paneling with some frame designs in the dining room (also thats not our furniture, we have something colorful and not yellow/red), etc but would I paint it white or another color? Can I paint paneling/wainscoting a color while keeping the original wood trim? Also we do plan on painting the homemade quasi-ugly fireplace mantel (and redo the tiles with something colorful that doesnt blend with wood - yuk). The best I can tell the trim on the floor and ceiling is original but the work around the doors is sort of junky with bad stain and has a 70's feel to it. Anyone on the team with my wife and I should paint some of the the trim white and blend (Paint baseboard & crown but keep doors and molding around doorways)? I think painting any of the trim white is crazy with our staircase. (and it should be noted, these are the sale pictures, we made changes to wall colors etc).

Comments (6)