SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
breaddrink98

Closing off fence against neighbors angled raised yard wall?

Robert Lawrence
6 years ago

Hey,

Hopefully this is an appropriate forum.. I don't seem to be able to find anything regarding fencing only.

I bought a house with a semi-fenced back yard where the previous owner hadn't gotten around to closing off the sides with gates.

I'm just getting to it now, but on one side, the furthest post will stand adjacent and next to the raised yard of my neighbor (we live on a steep hill so most properties are staggered this way). They have used those interlocking slightly leaning supporting wall flagstones, so their yard wall leans into their property. It probably veers off by around 12 inches in the course of it's 3 feet height.

When setting this post, is there a preferred method for closing that extra gap?

This structure does have to be medium sized dog proof, and ideally, chicken proof.. So small gaps are fine.. Larger ones aren't.

The side gate/posts will hit it at a perfect 90 degree angle.

I'm fairly handy, but I can't for the life of me think that I've ever seen this particular combination around to figure out the most decorative method.

Should it help, I'm going to be building a fairly tall gateway with a trellis on either side of the gate (double posts in the center), and an arched top to grow honeysuckle over.

The gate itself will be a rustic hammered affair, hopefully with some iron accents.

I'm going to some trouble, but really it'll be fairly run of the mill, so anything goes :)

My thanks.

Rob.

Comment (1)