SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazyjz1

New experiment with Superthrive.

6 years ago

A recent post on this site prompted me to find out just what "Superthrive" is. After having researched it on the net and determining that it is some sort of a micronutrient supplement I considered using it. Kind of interesting and thought provoking at the same time. (I recognize that a good many of the quality plant foods out there include micro nutrients. This was a given during my consideration.) I decided that while I was unsold on the addition of ST to my regular feeding regimen, I was curious as to what the effect would be on some leaves that I am starting in small cups of plain water. (Another story entirely and a separate experiment where I started 4 leaves from the same plant at the same time, two in PH correct water and two in PH correct soil.)

I have since expanded the experiment to where I now have about a dozen or so leaves involved in a similar process. I expanded the process to include leaves in PH correct, ST treated water along w leaves in regular ph correct water and the same leaves in ph correct soil. I have decided to not draw a conclusion as far as the benefit of ST in the water until after the leaves that were grown in the regular and treated water are transplanted to soil and the race for small leaves has begun. Once both the leaves that were propagated in soil and those in water, treated and otherwise, (and then in soil) have produced offspring, I will evaluate the outcome.

I understand that this is not in the least bit scientific. It is both interesting and fun and without cost. Rare these days!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals