SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veglee

KAW: Grandchildren coming

leela4
6 years ago

I know what it's like to live through a kitchen remodel. 7 years ago we were thick into it at this time and it seemed like it would never end. That I would never get to do anything in that place again.

So this is for all of you who can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. There will come a time when you can frivolously do whatever you want in this new space you have been dreaming about/saving for/working on.

(And apologies in advance to those without grandchildren.)

I have 4 grandchildren, ages 14 - 9 ½. None of them live close. The oldest 2 (boys) live 400 miles away, the youngest 2 (twin boy and girl) live 2400 miles away.

Needless to say, with everyone busy and far apart, we aren't all able to get together very often. The last time this happened was 3 years ago. But the youngest 2 are coming today, and the others Saturday.

So, because I'm crazy/wacko when this is going to happen, I of course have focused on desserts first. I don't make desserts much except for special occasions as we would just eat them.

The first thing I made were ice cream sandwiches. Brownie with mint chip ice cream, and blondies with chocolate:

And then, because we have a bazillion raspberries ripening here, I made these super nutritious dark chocolate raspberry pie bars:

Okay, now off to make something boring (especially for me as we're vegetarian.) Meatballs.

Comments (6)