SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eeleetle

light or dark couch?

eeleetle
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi! We cant decide if we should purchase a light or dark couch for our new home. We have a very large living/dining/entry/kitchen open space and are upgrading to a much larger sectional. I have always been a fan of traditional/classic light colored couches (as you will see in the photos) but when we received our swatches, my husband really leaned toward the darker gray. I bought a round rattan coffee table (for a serious deal) from pottery barn with the idea I was going to be ordering a light sofa. All of our friends and family suggest the darker color for practicality (dog, red wine, dirt) but I am terrified of dark furniture because I hate the way a dark, heavy home feels/looks. However, The grey will still compliment the table and our wall color (a dove-y gray) due to the flecks in the material, but I just want a more skilled opinion- will this make the home too dark?? I am attaching photos of the space (with our current dinky white couch- we came from an apartment!). The rug in the photos is temporary and will be removed as it is way too much texture with the table. I am also attaching the swatches on the table near the wall color as well as a stock photo of the couch. Thank you so much for your help!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH