SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Seedlings Still Blooming

shive
6 years ago

This is a new seedling that started blooming about a week ago. If it continue to bloom at this time in the future, it will be a very late bloomer. The cross is supposed to be Westbourne Good Old Days x Ain't Misbehavin. But I wonder if it isn't really a bee cross of Westbourne Goold Old Days and Mister Bubbles or Techny Peach Lace. It has coral petals with yellow sepals brushed with light coral. (Since I wasn't home to keep pinching back the buds on my mums, they're starting to bloom now instead of fall.)

""The Former Valentine Sweetheart" (Shores of Time x Rosy Rhino) has seven instant rebloom scapes going in its two locations, and four of those have developed 16 buds each. Although I told Maryl last week that I wasn't going to register it yet, I may register it early next year with a bud count average of 15 buds. As you may remember, my attempt to plant some fans in full sun failed when my Hackberry tree grew much taller and wider this spring. No fans of it get more than 5.5 hours of sun. So I still think the plant can have better stats. Although my original hybridizing goal was not to register anything with less than 18 buds, the terrific instant rebloom boosts it worthiness for registration. Now that temperatures are back to sizzler here, it's returned to its pink color. (Some of you may recall, earlier blooms with cooler nights looked rosy red rather than rosy pink.)

Karelia x Palace Garden Beauty blooming on a later emerging scape

Debra

Comments (11)