SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
braehampton

Want suggestions to make this design better and fast!

Becky Hampton
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi all! Thanks in advance for your thoughts! I have designed my kitchen and have until Friday to make any changes. I am extremely happy with it overall..I like the angles and I have really thought out every drawer and door and what I will put in them. I have a few things I would like to make better or explore before I make this final...

1) My main concern is the tall cabinet to the left of the sink. It will have an extended stile on it of 1 1/2" to the left (against the wall) but with the door opening into the window, and it being the main place we store our food, I worry that the kids will be banging the door against the window trim...a lot. We need a tall cabinet for food as we have no space for a walk in pantry....maybe the stile just needs to be wider..?

2) Lighting above the island...with the glass cabinet above the penninsula, pendant lighting will not work there...so looking for some suggestions on a surface type mount fixture that will work in the space...(I have some very pretty dishes I inherited that I am wanting to display and I like that in this location you will be able to see them from almost anywhere downstairs..we have a very open floor plan).

3) We will be installing laminate countertops because of budget and they come max 144"...the sink wall is a little over a foot beyond that (and I'd prefer no seem because I like the more granite looking types of colors).

4) I like where the appliances are..I don't want to move the ref to another wall (I like how it is a little hidden from the main site line. I do really like the angles, I think it really helps open the sort of "galley" feel that it has. The colors in the drawing are what they will be (or very close). I am really looking for some simple changes as I don't want to change around the whole design. Also, the pole has to stay! ..so it needs to work where it is ;-)

I appreciate your comments and thank you for your time in helping me out! :-)

Comment

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor